Thanks to Google
this open source software.
Xerver is an advanced free GNU GPL Web and FTP server.
- Tucows.com (Reviewers rating)
- Download.com (User ratings)
- Versiontracker.com (User ratings)
Xerver brief feature list:
- Very fast and low memory usage.
- GNU GPL open source.
- Contains all features the larger web servers offers:
- PHP and Perl support
- FTP server included
- Virtual directories
- Password protected folders
- Customized error messages ("404 Not Found")
- Much, much more (see full list below).
Top 25 reasons to use
Xerver free web server!
- User Friendly
- A very-easy-to-use setup web interface, including a Setup Wizard.
- "Check for updates" feature is included.
- A complete FTP server is included.
- HTTP/0.9, HTTP/1.0 and HTTP/1.1 supported.
- All HTTP methods supported (GET, POST and HEAD).
- Advanced logging.
- Create aliases (virtual directories).
- Create password protected folders. (Create users and choose which folder(s) each user shall have access to).
- Run CGI-scripts
(run your own scripts on your hard drive).
Among other script types, Perl and PHP scripts can be run.
- Allow/deny directory listing.
- Choose which port Xerver shall use.
- Use your own error pages (for example "404 Not Found").
- Choose which files shall be considered index-files.
- Run Xerver as a background process.
- Remote administration available.
- Allow users to download only files with
certain file extensions.
- Choose which folder(s) you want to share.
- Choose if you want to share hidden files.
- If you create password protected folders,
the crypto that is used by Xerver is a
safe one-way crypto which by today has no
known decrypting algorithms.
- About Xerver
- Xerver is freeware.
- Xerver is open source, released under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
- Any computer/system (such as Windows, Linux, UNIX, Mac etc.)
with a Java interpreter installed can run Xerver.
- Requires less than 1 Mb hard drive space.
- Requires very low system resources.
- Xerver is fast, free and reliable. Why use something else?
Feel free to send comments, questions or ideas using the form below.
We will read and respond to each and every mail we receive.